MONTHLY MINUTES FOR: 09 June 2020
Due to the Enhanced Community Quarantine and travel restrictions throughout the island of Luzon, Republic of the Philippines this meeting was done using group video conferencing with the Zoom Application. Opening ceremonies for a regular meeting conducted in accordance with Veterans of Foreign Wars Ritual; meeting opened at 0900 hours. Opening prayers were given by appointed Post Chaplain, Comrade Reyes.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS:
Commander – Bobby Reyes – Present
Senior Vice Commander – Pete Brozowski – Present
Junior Vice Commander – Michael Grider– Absent
Quartermaster – Charlie Spain – Present
Chaplain - James Rodgers--Absent
Trustee One – Fred Russian – Excused
Trustee Two – John Mesaros – Excused
Trustee Three – Garrett Bridges -Present
Adjutant – Bud St. Onge - Present
Judge Advocate – Pete Brozowski – Present
Surgeon - Rhett Webber—Present
Safety Officer – Rhett Webber – Present
Service Officer – Rhett Webber – Present
Scholarship Committee Chairman—Tim Aukshun—Present
Seam Squirrel – Rhett Webber – Present
National Home/POW/MIA Chairman - Rhett Webber – Present
Webmaster – Pete Brozowski – Present
Assistant Quartermaster – Tim Aukshun –Present
OOD—Garrett Bridges -Present
Commander Reyes recognized the following distinguished attendees:
• All past Department, District and Post Commanders.
o DPA Junior Vice Commander: Kevin Mitchell
o Past Department Commander: Rhett Webber
o Present District 7 Commander: Bud St Onge
o Past District 7 Commander: Rhett Webber, Charles Spain
o Past Post Commanders: Rhett Webber
o Junior Past Commander Bud St Onge
• Pup Tent 7 Seam Squirrel Rhett Webber
There were 10 members in attendance.
DRAPING OF THE CHARTER CEREMONY: At our next physical General Membership Meeting at Crown & Anchor Resto; we will drape the charter for Comrades Clint Sherbondy and Cecil McMillian Jr .
READING, REFERRING MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS: A motion was made to accept Rosco McGinny into the post via transfer Coordinated by Comrade Spain. seconded by Comrade Bridges. Discussion. Motion was approved.
READING OF MINUTES: The Minutes from the May 12, 2020 meeting have been posted on the Post website and distributed via email. A motion to accept the minutes as distributed and posted was made by SVC Brozowski, seconded by Comrade Webber. No discussion. Motion approved.approved.
QUARTERMASTER’S REPORT: The Post’s financial status was read by QM Spain. Motion to accept the Quartermaster’s Report upon audit was made by QM Spain and Seconded by Comrade Bridges. No discussion. Motion approved.
READING OF BILLS: None
OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE: None
COMRADE OR FAMILY OF A COMRADE IN DISTRESS:
• Daniel Cimo is currently at TMC Clark recovering.
• Dave Ransom is still ill at home.
• James Kiper is convalescing at home.
• JD Keller is also convalescing at home.
• We received notification from VFW National that Comrade Cecil McMillan Jr had passed away.
REPORT OF SERVICE OFFICER:
•• VAOPC Manila is rescheduling VA appointments up to July 5 to phone call appointments or until Manila is no longer in quarantine conditions.
REPORTS OF OFFICERS:
JUDGE ADVOCATE: None
SAFETY OFFICER: None.
COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN REPORTS:
• COMMUNITY SERVICE: All Community Service Reports go to Junior Vice Commander Pete Brozowski. email@example.com. Effective May 1, 2020, CSRs will be inputted on the new VFW DPA page of www.vfwpacific.org. The page is still in work and schedule to fully come on line on June 15.
• Buddy Poppy Program: 500p from QM Spain.
• NATIONAL HOME: None
• POW/MIA: None
• MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE REPORT: Commander Reyes reports 100% + 1 in membership. Keep the press on membership!
• BUDGET COMMITTEE: Budget Committee will need to close out the year. Present the Budget for the upcoming year at the next meeting.
• SCHOOLS: Still need a School Committee Chairman
• SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Aukshun reports that he is still waiting for requested information from our candidate.
• SEAM SQUIRREL: There will be a short Scratch immediately after this meeting.
• CHILI COOK OFF: Commander Reyes said that we need to look at other types of fund raiser activities. Comrade Spain made a motion to cancel the CCO and replace it with a 50/50 raffle draw as our fundraiser. Seconded by SVC Brozowski. Discussion. Motion was approved. QM Spain said that he would get the raffle tickets printed at Imperial Printing.
Motion to accept all committee reports made by Comrade Brozowski seconded by comrade Webber Brozowski, no discussion, motion approved.
REMEMBER OUR NATIONAL HOME: A prayer was said by Commander Reyes, in remembrance of our National Home.
• Membership Drive Booth at CSI continues to be on hold.
• Bacsil Ridge project is on hold.
• Post 9892 Birthday celebration still reset for at a later date once we have our first physical GMM at Crown & Anchor.
• Commander Reyes reminds all outgoing officers to assist and train their reliefs.
• We will be hosting the District 7 Quarterly Meeting in July. Incoming Post 9892 Commander Webber and Incoming Acting District VII Commander Reyes will get together to figure out a date and venue for the District VII meeting.
INSTALLATION OF VFW POST 9892 INCOMING OFFICERS:
VFW Department of Pacific Areas Junior Vice Commander Kevin Mitchell installed the following Col B J Smith VFW Post 9892 elected officers to their respective post positions. All elected and appointed positions will be effective June 13, 2020.
• Elected positions:
o Commander: Rhett Webber
o Senior Vice Commander: Andrew Dzurissin
o Junior Vice Commander: Edw. Pete Brozowski
o Quartermaster: Tim Aukshun
o Chaplain: James Rodgers (not present)
o Trustee Three: Fred Russian
• Appointed positions:
o Adjutant: Bud St Onge
o Service Officer: Bobby Reyes
o Judge Advocate: Bud St Onge
o Surgeon: Andrew Dzurissin
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
• We were asked to perform a funeral service at the gravesite of Stanley Krause but were unable to do so because of the ECQ, restricting travel. We said that we would do it once we were released from the ECQ and for the family to contact us.
• Commander Reyes will fill the vacancy as Commander of District VII, effective June 13, 2020 during the suspension period of District VII Commander-Elect Jim Collins. We will be looking for volunteers for a number of appointed positions.
• Comrades, Keep the press on membership. Ask; you never know if anybody is interested in joining unless you give them an opportunity to say yes...or no.
• Commander Reyes encourages all post members to follow/friend the two DPA Facebook Pages: "DPA Official Communications" and "DPA Around the Pacific" and to sign up for the VFW Action Weekly on www.vfw.org to get up to date information on what the VFW is doing on the legislative front.
• The new Department of Pacific Areas Webpage is www.vfwpacific.org
• Special Events this Month until the next meeting:
o June 14: Flag Day
o June 21: Father’s Day
o July 4: US Independence Day
o July (TBA): District VII Quarterly Meeting
50/50 DRAWING: None
BUDDY POPPY: P500
Meeting closed at 1015 hours in accordance with VFW ritual. The next Col B.J. Smith VFW Post 9892 meeting will be 14 JULY 2020 @ 9:00 a.m. at Crown & Anchor Resto, # 475 National Highway, Barangay Pagdalagan Sur, Bauang, La Union, unless we are still in quarantine then we will be back on Zoom.