Opening ceremonies for a regular meeting conducted in accordance with Veterans of Foreign Wars Ritual; meeting opened at 0912 hours. Opening prayers were given by Post Chaplain, Comrade James Rodgers.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
Commander – Bobby Reyes – Present
Senior Vice Commander – Donald Carr – Excused
Junior Vice Commander – Pete Brozowski – Excused
Quartermaster – Charlie Spain – Excused
Chaplain - James Rodgers – Present
Trustee One – Fred Russian – Present
Trustee Two – John Mesaros – Present
Trustee Three – Garrett Bridges - Present
Adjutant – Bud St. Onge - Present
Judge Advocate – Don Carr - Excused
Surgeon - Rhett Webber--Present
Safety Officer – Rhett Webber – Present
Service Officer – Don Carr – Excused
Elementary Schools Chairman - Roger Limle – Excused
Seam Squirrel – Rhett Webber - Present
National Home/POW/MIA Chairman - Rhett Webber – Present
Webmaster – Pete Brozowski – Excused
Assistant Quartermaster – Tim Aukshun – Present
OOD – Wes Kerlin -- Present
Historian - Pete Brozowski - Excused
There were 11 members in attendance.
Commander Reyes recognized the following distinguished attendees:
• All past Department, District and Post Commanders.
o Past Department Commander: Rhett Webber
o Present District 7 Commander: Bud St Onge
o Past District 7 Commander: Tim Aukshun
o Past Post Commanders: Rhett Webber, Tim Aukshun
o Junior Past Commander Bud St Onge
o Pup Tent 7 Seam Squirrel Rhett Webber
Draping of the Charter Ceremony: The Post Charter was draped in memory of VFW Post 9892 Life Member Michael Dean Campbell, SK1, US Navy. American Legion Department Service Officer and FRA 367 Member. Who passed away on July 25, 2019. He leaves behind three small children. Funeral services were held at Clark Veterans Cemetery on August 1, 2019.
READING, REFERRING MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS:
• Jeffrey T. Cosky, USAF. Korea. A motion to accept his membership to VFW Post 9892 as a Life member transfer from VFW Post 15006 was made by CDR Reyes; seconded by Comrade Rodgers. Discussion. Motion passed. Welcome to Col B J Smith VFW Post 9892 Comrade Cosky.
• James R. Mann, request to upgrade to Life Membership from delinquent membership. Commander Reyes made to motion to reinstate his status and to upgrade to Life Membership. Seconded by Rodgers. Discussion. Motion passed. Welcome back to the post Comrade Mann.
READING OF MINUTES: The Minutes from the July 9, 2019 meeting have been posted on the Post website and distributed via email. A motion to accept the minutes as distributed and posted was made by Comrade Bridges seconded by Comrade Rodgers. No discussion. Motion approved.
QUARTERMASTER’S REPORT: The Post’s financial status was read by Assistant QM Auckshun. He made a motion to accept the Quartermaster’s Report as audited and it was seconded by Comrade Webber. No discussion. Motion approved.
READING OF BILLS: None
OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE: None
COMRADE OR FAMILY OF A COMRADE IN DISTRESS:
• Daniel Cimo is currently at home in Tacloban City recovering.
• Dave Ransom is still ill at home.
• James Mann is presently at the Bridges of Hope in Angeles City recovering.
• Comrade Roger Limle called that he wasn’t feeling well and would not be able to attend today’s meeting.
REPORT OF SERVICE OFFICER:
: Lorma Hospital still does not bill FMP directly due to slow payments by FMP. VAOPC Manila is still aware of this issue and will be brought up again at the next Teleconference. Nearest places for utilization of FMP are:
• Divine Grace Medical Center Cavite, Philippines
• Manila Doctors Hospital Manila, Philippines
• Unihealth Baypointe Hospital Olongapo, Philippines
• Sacred Heart Medical Center Angeles City, Philippines
• The Medical City Clark Angeles City, Philippines
• Avitus Kidney Care and Dialysis Center Olongapo, Philippines
• The Medical City, Iloilo Iloilo, Philippines
• SUSPENDED: The Medical City Ortigas, Pasig City Metro Manila
REPORTS OF OFFICERS:
SURGEON: Distributed via email.
JUDGE ADVOCATE: Noting to report
CHAPLAIN: Prayers for our departed comrade, Tom Darkus and family.
HISTORIAN: Records have been updated with more updates as they occur.
SAFETY OFFICER: Distributed via email.
COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN REPORTS:
COMMUNITY SERVICE: : All Community Service Reports go to Junior Vice Commander Pete Brozowski. firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL & MICHAEL MURPHY MEMORIAL FUND:: Commander Reyes read Comrade Roger Limle’s School Report to the members.
SEAM SQUIRREL: Seam Squirrel Webber reports that there will be a Cootie Scratch following this meeting.
CHILI COOK-OFF:• Members should continue to sell their issued Chili Cook-Off raffle Tickets. We are still locked in to using BLU Water Beach Resort and Parks in Brgy Pugo, Bauang, La Union on November 30, 2019.
NATIONAL HOME: Distributed via email
POW/MIA: Sent to email distribution.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE REPORT: Commander Reyes reports that our membership number goals for the new VFW season will be posted as soon as National and Department figure out who has transferred from our rolls. Keep the press on membership!
BUDGET COMMITTEE: See New Business.
REMEMBER OUR NATIONAL HOME: A prayer was said by temporarily appointed Post Chaplain, Comrade James Rodgers, in remembrance of our National Home.
• Membership Drive Booth at CSI is on hold. CSI is presently going through remodeling and the area that would have been assigned to us will be part of that remodeling. In the meantime we need to make a backboard advertisement and get what we need to do a respectable Membership Drive table. We will be given a 2 S.M. space near the optical shop and Alhambra tasting booth. The cost for the booth space rental is P3,210/day. We will need help in getting the items to build our booth so that we can reuse it for other events. We will need a backboard and table to start with.
• Commander Reyes reports that we need to have our Alligator Chili Cook-Off logo ready by next meeting to be given to Comrade Gaspard to have the plaques and trophy made in time for the Chili Cook-Off.
• Comrade Reyes made a report that there has been increases in the required donations for Patriot’s Pen, VOD and now three separate Teacher of the year awards: Elementary, Middle, High School at $75 each and must be done prior to October 31, 2019. In addition, our VMS Program has increased to $100 and must be done before June 30, 2020. With these additional expenditures to our budget Commander Reyes made a motion to increase our budget accordingly and to have our five requirements paid before October 31, 2019. Commander Reyes said that he would still pay $50 for the VMS Program leaving the added $50 for the post to pay. Motion was seconded by Comrade Bridges. Discussion. Motion was passed.
• Comrade Limle informed Commander Reyes that Mommy Amparo would be having her 75th birthday on August 30th. Commander Reyes made a motion for the post to provide a birthday party in appreciation for Mommy Amparo’s continued community service and support for the orphaned and indigent children that she takes care of and teaches through her volunteer work and supported by her baking bread. Limited to $100 and done at Philibel’s Restobar on Saturday, August 31st at 2:00pm. Her guests and children are invited as well as post members and their wives, guests and family members. Motion was seconded by Comrade Bridges. Discussion. Motion was passed.
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
• Commander Reyes, Comrades Aukshun, Kerlin, Bridges and Webber attended Comrade Michael Dean Campbell’s funeral at Clark Veterans Cemetery. The ceremony was elegantly executed by VFW Post 2485, American Legion 123 and FRA 367 members.
• Commander Reyes congratulated Post Chaplain Rodgers for his promotion as Bishop in the Ilocos Region.
• Comrades, Keep the press on membership. Ask; you never know if anybody is interested in joining unless you give them an opportunity to say yes...or no.
• Commander Reyes encourages all post members to follow/friend the two DPA Facebook Pages: "DPA Official Communications" and "DPA Around the Pacific" and to sign up for the VFW Action Weekly on www.vfw.org to get up to date information on what the VFW is doing on the legislative front. He stated that if member is having a hard to to enroll that he would show them how.
• DPA CofA will be held in Phnom Peng on December 6-8. • DPA convention is in Bangkok, Thailand in June. • Special Events this Month until the next meeting:
• Special Events this Month until the next meeting:
o August 14: Victory over Japan Day
o August 21: Philippine Holiday – Ninoy Aquino Day
o August 26: Philippine Holiday – National Heroes Day
o September 2: US Labor Day
o September 8 -- 14: National Suicide Prevention Week o September 10: World Suicide Prevention Day.
50/50 DRAWING: Total 1100 pesos. The winner was Comrade St Onge (550 pesos). The Post will receive 550 pesos.
BUDDY POPPY: P350 which will go into the Post Relief Fund.
Meeting closed at 1100 hours in accordance with VFW ritual. The next Col B.J. Smith VFW Post 9892 meeting will be 10 Sept. 2019 @ 9:00 a.m. at Philibel’s Resto, # 475 National Highway, Barangay Pagdalagan Sur, Bauang, La Union .