MONTHLY MINUTES FOR: 14 July 20
Due to the Enhanced Community Quarantine and travel restrictions throughout the island of Luzon, Republic of the Philippines this meeting was done using group video conferencing with the Zoom Application. Opening ceremonies for a regular meeting conducted in accordance with Veterans of Foreign Wars Ritual; meeting opened at 0900 hours. Opening prayers were given by Commander Webber.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
Commander – Rhett Webber – Present
Senior Vice Commander – Andrew Dzurissin– Present
Junior Vice Commander – Edward “Pete” Brozowski– Present
Quartermaster – Tim Aukshun- Present
Chaplain - James Rodgers--Absent
Trustee One – John Mesaros - Excused
Trustee Two – Garret Bridges – Present
Trustee Three – Fred Russian -Excused
Adjutant – Bud St. Onge - Present
Judge Advocate – Bud St.Onge – Present
Surgeon – Andrew Dzurissin—Present
Safety Officer – Rhett Webber – Present
Service Officer – Bobby Reyes – Present
Scholarship Committee Chairman—Tim Aukshun—Present
Seam Squirrel – Rhett Webber – Present
National Home/POW/MIA Chairman - Rhett Webber – Present
Webmaster – Pete Brozowski – Present
Assistant Quartermaster – Charlie Spain – Absent
OOD—Garrett Bridges - Present
There were 10 members in attendance.
Commander Reyes recognized the following distinguished attendees:
Commander Webber recognized the following distinguished attendees:
• All past Department, District and Post Commanders.
o Past All American Department Commander and District Commander: Rhett Webber
o Past District 7 Commander: Bud St Onge
• Pup Tent 7 Seam Squirrel Rhett Webber
DRAPING/UNDRAPING OF THE CHARTER CEREMONY: At our next physical General Membership Meeting at Crown & Anchor Resto; we will drape the charter for Comrades Clint Sherbondy and Cecil McMillian Jr .
READING, REFERRING MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS: None
READING OF MINUTES:The Minutes from the June 9, 2020 meeting have been posted on the Post website and distributed via email. A motion to accept the minutes as distributed and posted was made by Comrade Brozowski, seconded by Comrade Webber. No discussion. Motion approved.
QUARTERMASTER’S REPORT: The Post’s financial status was read by QM Aukshun. Motion to accept the Quartermaster’s Report upon audit was made by QM Aukshun, seconded by Comrade St.Onge. No discussion. Motion approved.
READING OF BILLS: None
OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE: None
COMRADE OR FAMILY OF A COMRADE IN DISTRESS:
• Daniel Cimo is currently at TMC Clark recovering.
• Dave Ransom is still ill at home.
• James Kiper is convalescing at home.
REPORT OF SERVICE OFFICER:
• VAOPC is still closed while Manila is in lock down. Veterans can still order their medications on-line.
• Those who have appointments with the VAOPC that they could not make will have them rescheduled in May-June or whenever the quarantine restrictions are lifted.
• Some medications from Tricare will be slow to refill as those medications needed for COVID-19 patients will only be filled in 30 day increments to ensure that the medications are still available for the patients.
REPORTS OF OFFICERS:
SURGEON: Emailed to distribution
JUDGE ADVOCATE: Nothing to report
HISTORIAN: Records have been updated with more updates as they occur.
SAFETY OFFICER: Report sent via email distribution
COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN REPORTS:
• COMMUNITY SERVICE: All Community Service Reports go to Junior Vice Commander Pete Brozowski. firstname.lastname@example.org. Effective May 1, 2020, CSRs will be inputted on the new VFW DPA page of www.vfwpacific.org. The page is still in work and schedule to fully come on line on June 15.
• BUDDY POPPY: None •
NATIONAL HOME: Attached •
POW/MIA: Comrade Webber provided an update on recent discoveries
• MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE REPORT: None
• BUDGET COMMITTEE: The proposed budget for the new term was submitted by Comrade Aukshun. We will finalize it at our next meeting.
• SCHOOLS: Still need a School Committee Chairman .
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Aukshun reports that he is still waiting for requested information from our candidate.
• SEAM SQUIRREL: There will be a short Scratch immediately after this meeting.
• CHILI COOK OFF: This years event is cancelled due to travel restrictions. We will replace it with a 50/50 raffle draw as our fundraiser. Motion to accept all committee reports made by Comrade Brozowski seconded by comrade Webber, no discussion, motion approved.
REMEMBER OUR NATIONAL HOME:A prayer was said by Commander Webber, in remembrance of our National Home.
• Membership Drive Booth at CSI continues to be on hold.
• Bacsil Ridge project is on hold.
• Post 9892 Birthday celebration still reset for at a later date once we have our first physical GMM at Crown & Anchor.
• School program: Due to our limited funds we agreed to support only one school per semester.
• Budget: We agreed to table the motion to approve the new terms budget until next meeting.
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
• Comrades, Keep the press on membership. Ask; you never know if anybody is interested in joining unless you give them an opportunity to say yes...or no.
• Comrade Reyes encourages all post members to follow/friend the two DPA Facebook Pages: "DPA Official Communications" and "DPA Around the Pacific" and to sign up for the VFW Action Weekly on www.vfw.org to get up to date information on what the VFW is doing on the legislative front.
• The new Department of Pacific Areas Webpage is www.vfwpacific.org
Events and dates until our next meeting: None
50/50 DRAWING: None
BUDDY POPPY: None
Meeting closed at 1005 hours in accordance with VFW ritual. The next Col B.J. Smith VFW Post 9892 meeting will be 11 August 2020 @ 9:00 a.m. at Crown & Anchor Resto, # 475 National Highway, Barangay Pagdalagan Sur, Bauang, La Union, unless we are still in quarantine then we will be back on Zoom.