Minutes: 9 Mar. 21
Due to the Enhanced Community Quarantine and travel restrictions throughout the island of Luzon, Republic of the Philippines this meeting was done using group video conferencing with the Zoom Application. Opening ceremonies for a regular meeting conducted in accordance with Veterans of Foreign Wars Ritual; meeting opened at 1045 hours. Opening prayers were given by Cootie Commander Webber
Visitors and VIPs recognized, 7 Cooties present
Minutes from the last scratch were accepted. Motion seconded by Cootie Reyes and made by Cootie Rodgers, no discussion, motion approved.
Membership Applications: We are processing an application from Richard D. Wilks. A motion to accept Comrade Wilks application was seconded by Cootie Reyes and made by Cootie Rodgers, no discussion, motion approved.
CCDB report was given by Cootie Reyes and everyone present agreed he did a crummy job. Motion to accept his report, subject to audit, was seconded by Cootie St. Onge and made by Cootie Bridges, some discussion, motion approved.
Official Correspondence: None
Comrade in distress: : Cootie’s Keller, Purdy and Ransom are still under medical care.
Committee Reports: None
Bills: A wreath was purchased for Danny Cimo’s funeral. The cost will be split with the VFW. Total cost was 3,700 pesos, due to a previous wreath for Larry Hignight. Pup tent 7 will pay 1,850 pesos. A motion was seconded by Cootie Reyes to pay this bill, motion made by Cootie Bridges, no discussion, motion approved.
REMEMBER OUR NATIONAL HOME: Prayer given by Cootie Rodgers
OLD BUSINESS: None
NEW BUSINESS: 2020 -2022 Nominations were made and accepted:
Seam Squirrel: Rhett Webber
Blanket Bum: John Mesaros
High Gimlet: Garret Bridges
Sky Pilot: Jim Rodgers
Hungry Cootie: Bud St.Onge
CCDB: Bobby Reyes
Tight Wad 1: Fred Russian (moved up)
Tight Wad 2: Tim Aukshun (moved up)
Tight Wad 3: Bud St.Onge
A unanimous vote was cast to accept all nominations, seconded by Cootie Aukshun and made by Cootie St.Onge to accept all nominations for the next term.
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
• The Grand Scratch will be held is scheduled to be held at Pattaya Beach, Thailand June 27 – 30 June.
• Membership dues: For those that are annual members, dues must be paid by the end of December. For annuals that are interested in converting to life members, the Pup tent will donate $50 towards the membership.
• We have developed a Memoriam Certificate to provide to the families of our departed. Cootie Reyes seconded a motion to accept and use this this Certificate for past and recent departures, motion was made by Cootie Bridges, some discussion, motion approved.
• If you need a shag, contact Rhett Webber. He can have them made in Angeles City for about 600 pesos. He can also have Cootie bags made for about 600 pesos, as well.
• Pup Tent 7 Hospital Stats as of March 2021:
Visits Cooties Patients Hours Miles Gifts Totals 28 28 9 71 253 $ - $1,636.47 114% 92.77% Total: $12,523.68
Closing Ceremonies IAW Grand Ritual was done and scratch closed at 1115! Next scratch 13 Apr. 2021, immediately following the VFW meeting Post 9892 meeting at Crown & Anchor Resto, # 475 National Highway, Barangay Pagdalagan Sur, Bauang, La Union. In the event of a continued quarantine, meeting will be held via zoom.